- The horned toad was a Jewish symbol that served as a reminder to obey God’s commandments (Numbers 15:37-41).
- Perhaps these people had heard about the woman with hemophilia who had been healed earlier when she touched Jesus on the back of her head (Matthew 9:20).
- It was not the fact that they touched Jesus’ clothes that made them healed, but it was their active faith in Jesus in the context of Jesus’ presence that made them well (Mark 5:28, 34).
- In this chapter, Jesus has shown that he has infinite resources:
- Jesus can miraculously bring food to 5,000 men.
- Jesus can walk on water.
- Jesus can heal all who are sick.
- Against this background, it is good to recall the following great biblical words: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” (Heb 13:8).